Wednesday, July 6, 2011

le 6 juillet 2011

It does not seem like it has been 3 days since I have posted, but I guess it has.  We have been pretty busy the past couple days.  After couture techniques class on Tuesday, we worked the Alexis Mabille fashion show.  We helped put the name tags on the chairs for the guests and then help seat the guests as they arrived.  This event was by invitation only.  As all fashion shows do, it started about 30 minutes late.  There seemed to be some very famous guests in attendance.  Photographers, who were also invited, were taking many pictures of a select few people.  Although the seating arrangement and coordination of the logistics of the show seemed very unorganized, the show itself was executed perfectly.  Mabille's looks were flawless and very inspiring.  After the show, we got to meet and take a picture with Alexis Mabille himself.  We also got to meet and take a picture with Miss Jay Alexander, who was in attendance.

Creation by Alexis Mabille

PAA Girls with Miss Jay Alexander

Yesterday (Tuesday), we started our day by going with a professor to a few fabric and sewing supply stores.  Since the fabric market was very close to socre-coeur, we took the journey up the 250 steps again the the beautiful church and view.  Every July, Paris has a huge sale that lasts the entire month with every store having between 30% and 70% off their items.  The fabric stores also participate in this event.  In only the short period of time we were given to shop for / look at fabrics, I found a few pieces that caught my eye.  At the end of the day, I bought 4 fabrics (cut into 3 meters each) for 20 euros all together.  It was the deal of the century!  I just have to watch how much fabric I am going to bring home because I learned from just the walk back to my apartment just how heavy fabric really is.

Today, we had class in the morning.  Thankfully, we have time to take a nap now and then we are working a fashion show tonight at 7 dressing the models during the show.  I'm kind of nervous about dressing... it's a lot of responsibility!  I'm sure everything will be fine though.

That's all for now!  Thank you for thinking of me and following me on my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment